Tuesday, April 12, 2011

God is our Hope

March 3rd, 1942

Dear Diary,
Parnell left, just two hours ago. We all crowded into the platform of the train station, and waited for him to board his ride. He wished us all well, and when he came lastly to me, I lifted my head to see him, and forced a hopeful smile.
“Bye, Parnell.”
“God made you for this time, for a purpose, Vatrana. And I already know half of that purpose. Trust Him…and don’t worry.” 
My eyes lit up with confusion. I don’t know what he was talking about. But all I do know is that he kissed me lightly on my head, and said, 
“You’ll always be in my prayers.”
And then ran he off, and boarded the train it chugged away. I felt hot tears slide carelessly down my pink cold cheeks. And though I was standing in two feet of snow, when he told me those words, I felt as though I were on eagle’s wings, soaring high above this wretched war, and above the Nazi’s, above Baylen’s death, above the troubles, above my heartaches. Suddenly everything became clear. God is the One that can help me. For, that, my readers, is what Parnell has been trying to tell me. That he cannot take away my pain, but He can. And right then and there, I sunk to my knees, and wept.
By:  Samantha Schmitz

No comments:

Post a Comment